1 Through which of the following group of states does the Konkan Railways run?
Maharashtra - Karnataka - Andhra Pradesh - Kerala
Maharashtra - Karnataka - Goa - Kerala
Maharashtra - Karnataka - Kerala - Tamil Nadu
Karnataka - Goa - Kerala - Tamil Nadu
2. Which of the following zonal headquarters - city combination is incorrect?
South East Central - Bilaspur
North Western - Jodhpur
East Central - Hajipur
West Central - Jabalpur
3. Which of the following zones administers the Matheran Hill Railway?
4. In which city is the Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) being set up as announced in the Railway Budget 2013?
5. In which of the following cities is the National Rail Museum located?
6. The first Indian railway line was opened by the British :
From Delhi to Bombay
From Bombay to Thane
From Calcutta to Allahabad
From Bombay to Madras
7. Into how many zones is the Indian Railways organized?
8. Which state has the longest route kilometers of railway line in India?
9. Headquarters of which one among the following Railway Zones in India is situated at the highest elevation from the mean sea level?
East Central Railway
South Eastern Railway
South Western Railway
West Central Railway
Answer (c). Hubli is at an elevation of 2073 feet, Jabalpur at 1669 ft, Kolkata at 42 ft and Hajipur at 150 ft.
10. When was the first train steamed off in India?
11. Which of the following is the headquarters of the newly established railway zone ‘East Coast Railways’?
12. Which train in India has the longest route length?
Howrah - Jammu Tawi Himgiri Express
Kanyakumari - Jammu Tawi Himsagar Express
Kanyakumari - Dibrugarh Vivek Express
13. Where is the Railway Staff College located?
14. On which of the following is the longest railway bridge in India located?
15. In which of the following cities are located 3 zonal headquarters of Indian Railways?